YOU OPINION : Fisherman Classmate caught being MAJORLY Hypocritical of Hunters, What would you Do?

TheGDog

Nov 28, 2018
XX
Here's the scenario.

Guy from back in HighSchool... we used to ride the School Bus together as we attended the Magnet High School choice we made back then.

Fast Forward 25 yrs.

First day of KinderGarten, come to find out oh wow... our kids are in the same KinderGarten class. What a Trip.

So I add him into my Facebook account.

Dude's Japanese, and as I've often seen to be the case, he's big on Fishing. Does Kayak Fishing. Has more money so often goes on sport-fishing trips and can be seen posting up pics with his catches, where behind him the deck is literally full of large bloodied-up fish.

I've noticed he likes to make posts where he'll check people on stuff he doesn't agree with their stance. Nothing new their, I like to do that as well, however, he does usually tend to be sort of a d*ckhead about it with the way he words things with demeaning, talking-down, or belittling tone kinda being his default go to it seems like.

I fully admit I succumb to that too, more than I care to admit. But personally I've really been trying last couple of years to first try not going that route and trying to take the high road if I can. You know... make sure to re-read the post.. the first ones anyway... and try to be more dipolomatic... or just say to myself it's not worth it. And not respond when I see people saying things.

But then today... his punk-@ss goes and pops off the lip with this isht :

TommyBeingHypocritical.jpg

That "Anything to justify hunting I guess" part SOOO pissed me off!!!

Here's the deal... I bleeping SOOOOOOOO wanna call him out for being a MAJOR hypocrite... me having the insider information about his fishing exploits. Thing of it is... it sooo got under my skin this guy throwing hunters under the bus... yet here he is easily having 5-6x more pounds in take... regularly... than most Deer hunters. Dudes freezer is FULL of YelloTail and Halibut and, and, and. You get the idea.

At first I wrote something more snide... but then I thought... no.. take the high road, and word it non-aggressively and ask him don't you think that's being hypocritical than calmly state the reasons why. Then try to mention how I fully support what he does, and why does he view hunting as different? Honestly... I believe he's more than likely writing his reaction to those who pay for hunting on "high-fence" private properties lands. And I say this because we chatted a bit when the Cecil the Lion debate raged on in the media, and that tid-bit came out of him how he felt about the individuals who participate in those types of hunts.

I just get this strong feeling...coming from wanting to always be a good-will ambassador for hunting... that I should be checking this guy in that highly visible public post. But... our children are probably going to be going to school together for both Jr and Sr High coming up... so I'm hesitant to respond for that reason.

What say Ye?

• Angry
Reactions: Dawnandusk
My other thought was to just word it like:

"At current market prices... how much would all that YellowTail, Halibut and whatever the heck else you've got in your freezer add up to Tommy?"

Better yet, maybe post up a reply that says :

"Anything to justify fishing. Eh Tommy?" (Bet if I looked more, I could find a bloodier image)

Attachments

• TommyFishing2.jpg
    TommyFishing2.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 33
Fishing IS hunting...Just hunting for fish...Let him think about that...PETA hates the fact that people hook fish in the mouth....They're after him too.

ps....This is not some new phenomenon...Fisherman & animal hunters have been in different camps for years....One of the reasons we're losing the battle with the radical left/libs/democrats....:mad:

My other thought was to just word it like:

"At current market prices... how much would all that YellowTail, Halibut and whatever the heck else you've got in your freezer add up to Tommy?"
Probably a lot more than 16k....

Dang, I know Tommy through my grandsons baseball team.. His son plays on the same team. I have only had casual conversation with him but, I do know he is a big fisherman, we kind of compare catches. He knows I am into hunting but, the subject has never come up while at the games. Maybe I'll mention it and see where it goes. He needs a reality check, fishing is hunting. I have a fishing friend who does not hunt and has mention he wont ever hunt because he couldn't bring himself to kill anything. I looked him in the eye and said, Mike are you really that stupid, you kill hundreds of fish a year. You hook them, drag them to the boat where they are gaffed and dropped on the deck to flop around until one the deck hands drags them to the gill tank, where they flop around some more. And you say you don't kill living things. REALLY.

Small World indeed GDL.

Small Favor though? But be sure to carefully introduce that topic of conversation, and keep my name out of it though if you will.

What I did instead was on my own page I posted another one of my "INTERNET QUOTE OF THE DAY:" posts... and I copy+paste'd the first paragraph of what 'Sprig posted above about how Fishing IS Hunting, and PETA is after "him" too.

I'm curious to see if he makes the connection and bothers to IM me about it. Doubt it though. I'm sure on his wall many more things would get pushed above anything posted by me. But it'll be fun to note.

Tasty indeed... and he's got skills at preparing Sushi dishes for his fam.

YEah, I've seen pictures of his freezer, and there ain't an ounce of space left in that damn thing. All the more reason it really freakin' irks me he goes and says that shizzle.

Small World indeed GDL.

Small Favor though? But be sure to carefully introduce that topic of conversation, and keep my name out of it though if you will.

What I did instead was on my own page I posted another one of my "INTERNET QUOTE OF THE DAY:" posts... and I copy+paste'd the first paragraph of what 'Sprig posted above about how Fishing IS Hunting, and PETA is after "him" too.

I'm curious to see if he makes the connection and bothers to IM me about it. Doubt it though. I'm sure on his wall many more things would get pushed above anything posted by me. But it'll be fun to note.
No worry there. I would never bring you into any conversation I may have with him. As for being careful, well that's not likely to happen, it's just not my style. I'll be more than happy to go toe to toe with him and tell him it's time to get off his high horse and stop being such a hypocrite. Now that's my style. I'm to old to give a crap.

No worry there. I would never bring you into any conversation I may have with him. As for being careful, well that's not likely to happen, it's just not my style. I'll be more than happy to go toe to toe with him and tell him it's time to get off his high horse and stop being such a hypocrite. Now that's my style. I'm to old to give a crap.

Amen, John................. :innocent:

That IS one of the beautiful things about getting older isn't? The ability to tell it like it is without givin' a f**k! I still have too much responsibility yet to be in this era of my life unfortunately. Man... that's gotta be crazy empowering for those folks that can retire well, the ability to tell people where they can shove it. Be all like "What'er ya gonna do... Kill me? Sheeeit... you'd be doing me a favor!".

I mean... initially everyone is all agast and in shock when older folk pop off the lip with something you don't expect to outburst from them. And sure... sometimes it's from issues related to declining mental health, for sure. But sometimes...sometimes you see it pop-off... and it's not from the guy being off his meds or anything... but it's because he knows society wise... the young one being rude can't do shizzle back to him otherwise it'll make him look bad. And I gotta hand it to the old dudes that play that card well sometimes. Cause it's like EXTRA embarassing when an elder checks your @ss on something like that! Well... at least if you have some small amount of being raised right, anyway.

Maybe you are reading to much into this and you should just let it go. Life is just easier sometimes that way. Trying to change someone’s mind online is almost pointless.

Yes, thank you. I do know you're right with that statement. That whole "Let it go" thing is something I'm still working on reminding myself of. Of remembering the futility that it often leads to.

ps....This is not some new phenomenon...Fisherman & animal hunters have been in different camps for years....One of the reasons we're losing the battle with the radical left/libs/democrats....:mad:

I agree, i used to post on a surffishing forum that was listing hard to the port side.

Once they started deleting opinions that didn't align with their own I bounced.

I agree that sometimes you just have to call someone out one their shit. Sounds like you have let it go in the past and ya you might not change his mind but he will know where you stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was probably being sarcastic. He does the same thing. AVET’s ain’t cheap .

Reactions: TRICER
Could also be the whole facebook mob mentality phenomena. I am not on, nor do I use facebook, but I understand that people have a different 'face' when they are in the public light of facebook than how they really are in real life. Sad, but I believe true. Call it hypocritical, but lots of people out there saying things to be with the norm, but secretly think otherwise. Hence how Trump won when all polls were leaning left. Still remember all those media personalities crying on tv that night in utter disbelief, still makes me smile... :)

Could also be the whole facebook mob mentality phenomena. I am not on, nor do I use facebook, but I understand that people have a different 'face' when they are in the public light of facebook than how they really are in real life. Sad, but I believe true. Call it hypocritical, but lots of people out there saying things to be with the norm, but secretly think otherwise. Hence how Trump won when all polls were leaning left. Still remember all those media personalities crying on tv that night in utter disbelief, still makes me smile... :)

Yup Robert.. that montage on Youtube is still one of my fave videos lol.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu