ALASKA!

Good luck, and I have a few questions to ask you and will send you a message if you don’t mind as I’m going on a dall sheep hunt next year! Can’t wait to see you’re success.

Totally one awesome hunt of a lifetime, have fun and take notes of your trip so you don't leave any details out can't wait to read your story and see the photos.

Thanks for sharing, I'm excited to hear about your experience

30BC9363-4FD7-47D5-901D-ECC0E1EC570E.pngI suppose that’s probably what I should expect hunting a coastal range in Alaska… should I pack my water wings?

Do you have option to ask the guide questions before you depart from home.

That’s perfect get all the weather out of the way so that once opener is here you have blue skies and are hunting! As long as the weather holds up enough to get you out in the field.

Reactions: sportyg
That’s perfect get all the weather out of the way so that once opener is here you have blue skies and are hunting! As long as the weather holds up enough to get you out in the field.
You make a good point…. Season doesn’t open until Tuesday.

Reactions: baboltin
Flights went well, all bags came through. Outfitter wanted to get a new guy some experience in this area so he sent a packer with the guide and I. They picked me up and we went to meet the outfitter and sort gear. The F-250 we were supposed to use crapped out so we’re rolling in a ‘94 Mercury Grand Marquis…. Which is hilarious! Honestly very comfortable and lots of room. Fantastic sheep hunting vehicle in my opinion. Drove about 5 hrs to our trailhead and stopped to shoot my gun in a gravel pit on the way. Big day tomorrow getting into sheep country.

I have a friend who likes to say " all fisherman and hunters are liars except for me and you and I sometimes have doubts about you, so pictures are required."

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu