Ammo shortage

Buying ammo is CA???

Step 1. Travel to neighboring state.
Step 2. Get what you can.
Step 3. Speak to the fruit rangers in sign language on your return.
My wife went to NM to visit family, she stopped at the local gun and ammo,
The clerk told her that she should come back in a vehicle with NM plates that all shops had cameras set up in the parking lots and it recorded out of state plates when a purchase was made. she left without purchasing ammo, and guess what she was stopped at every state line coming home. NOT BS

My wife went to NM to visit family, she stopped at the local gun and ammo,
The clerk told her that she should come back in a vehicle with NM plates that all shops had cameras set up in the parking lots and it recorded out of state plates when a purchase was made. she left without purchasing ammo, and guess what she was stopped at every state line coming home. NOT BS
That's just the story she made up and told you when she forgot to come home bearing brass gifts.
We all know that is total BS.

Cool go buy ammo in AZ or NV and cross the border.
Problem solved ?

Cool go buy ammo in AZ or NV and cross the border.
Problem solved ?
There's no need to pander into the fear and control the anti's want and spread clearly fabricated rumors like you did.

You really expect anybody to believe that a clerk from a gunshop in New Mexico had a view of the parking lot, that allowed them to see an LP, paid attention to the person getting out. Then acted in a manner against the profit of the establishment and at a HUGE risk to the reputation of a business of 2A products told a person to not purchase ammo because of an unconstitutional law 2 states over? First if a shop truly did that then they should be called out publicly and exposed for what they did. But they did not, so don't. And don't start BS rumors like this because it could negatively tarnish the reputation of a shop that did no such thing.

And than you not only claim that the do nothing fruit rangers stopped your wife but that she also got stopped at other state borders that don't have agricultural check stations? What you said is the most garbage thing I've read in a long time. Big brother hasn't exerted that much control yet and we don't need to be giving it to them though irrational fears.

Do what needs to be done to secure the ammo you need by whatever means you see fit. Personally I would recommend that YOU do so inside the confines of law as you strike me as the type that would talk yourself into a backseat ride downtown if done otherwise.

I use to have this big ass trunk full of older ammo, and just before all this shit started happening I took the whole family out shooting.
I am not sure how many 100s of rounds we shot, 45/70, 444, 30/06, 30 carbine 22, 9mm, 357,38, 40. 12, 20 gage, it was all day.
Taught almost all the Women and youngsters to shoot all we have there.
Guess that will never happen again, we are not able to think of ammo as having to much any more.

At least you could find some Steve...wait that is steel right???. At this point I'm ready to buy whatever I find. Need it for second opener and next season

I like lead stevo....alot...jus sayin...

Montana yesterday at Scheel's...2 cases of this crap...$19.99 per...No waterfowl loads, except 10 gauge... :D

ps...And even worse...No Creedmore.........:joy:

$20 a pop for lead Winchesters????
The situation with shotgun ammo is crazy, why is it so bad?

Montana yesterday at Scheel's...2 cases of this crap...$19.99 per...No waterfowl loads, except 10 gauge... :D

ps...And even worse...No Creedmore.........:joy:

.View attachment 51362
Lordy Lordy... not ten minutes ago I purchased 10 boxes of that exact ammo but in steel for $250.00 from a guy on GunBroker. And I was stoked! .20 gauge #6 has eluded me for over a year. Got plenty of 7 1/2, but #6 is rarer then hen’s teeth.

You San Diego guys see any Lead-Free .223 or 5.56 up in your areas? Can't find any down here in the IV and want to hunt some yotes. thanks for any locations that might have some. I was in Palm Springs area and hit up 2nd Amendment and when I asked the guys they looked at me with a look of confusion and then said no they don't have any only FMJ crap.
Midway has 62 and 70 grain TSX in stock now. If you haven't found any yet I'd just order some from them and have em sent to an FFL or a "secret option" not in a communist controlled area.

Reactions: IVhunter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu