Ammo shortage

Ammo has to be transferred through an FFL (ammo dealer). You can't sell, trade or give ammo to other folks in California. So please DO NOT POST anything of that nature on this site. It is against the law.

Maybe we can start a barter ammo post
like I have some 45 long colt, some 45/70 and need some 308
It been so long since I bought ammo in Cal. I forgot all the silly laws about ammo purchase. I'll let him know he needs to find other options,.

Well I was going through my waterfowl shells tonight and came upon this receipt with my shells. Two cases 3" steel #3s for $189 after discount. Regularly $109.99 a case. Glad I stocked up when I did. Wish I had bought morePXL_20211002_055636820~2.jpg

Reactions: Bruiser
Ron,

The cost and availability of ammo is just the tip of the iceberg...How sudden and easy this whole thing happened is what amazes me...The PLANDEMIC was timed perfectly to kill many birds with one stone...Control our health by pharma and daily lives, make it harder to shoot, hunt, or own a gun, and get rid of a America 1st president.

How long will it take American's to realize what's happening to OUR once great heritage?

Ron,

The cost and availability of ammo is just the tip of the iceberg...How sudden and easy this whole thing happened is what amazes me...The PLANDEMIC was timed perfectly to kill many birds with one stone...Control our health by pharma and daily lives, make it harder to shoot, hunt, or own a gun, and get rid of a America 1st president.

How long will it take American's to realize what's happening to OUR once great heritage?
Actually he was the second. Ronnie was the first. I loved him.

Reactions: ilovesprig
According to S&W CEO Mark Smith, the ammo shortage is going to go on for a while. He said the shortage is due to the pandemic, the George Floyd death, and the new gun owners. All of these go hand in hand. The Floyd death had more people nervous , so for their protection they purchased fire arms and that put a crunch on ammo supplies. then the pandemic saw a cut back in ammo production for several reasons, all of which most of you are aware of. I would say this is a good reason to reload your own ammo but, you would be faced with the same issue, no reloading components, In a big part because what supplies there are are going to ammo manufacturing plants. Good thing I don't have to worry about any of this because I don't own fire arms.
If any of those components are imported good luck on seeing any of those supplies on the shelves soon. The ports have a historic backlog of ships never seen before and are in crisis mode. The supply chain has been severely disrupted due to the pandemic. I would start Xmas shopping now if you want to have gifts. Turkeys for Thanksgiving are going to be sold through the black market this year. Lol!

Reactions: Smokey58
If any of those components are imported good luck on seeing any of those supplies on the shelves soon. The ports have a historic backlog of ships never seen before and are in crisis mode. The supply chain has been severely disrupted due to the pandemic. I would start Xmas shopping now if you want to have gifts. Turkeys for Thanksgiving are going to be sold through the black market this year. Lol!
Guys the price of air is going up.

Ammo has to be transferred through an FFL (ammo dealer). You can't sell, trade or give ammo to other folks in California. So please DO NOT POST anything of that nature on this site. It is against the law.
Yes you can. It just has to be done though an FFL to be done legally just like firearms.
I don't understand why we are allowed to post classifieds for firearms here but not ammo.

As if it isn't difficult enough already to find ammo during a shortage and having to go though an FFL and use lead free. Unless somebody is openly and specifically stating that they want to skirt the use of an FFL transfer than what is the issue what two people decide to do between themselves while not on the site? Shouldn't it just be assumed that people will be using an FFL just as it is with firearms?

Reactions: MJB and IVhunter
I'm still confused at why the backlog is so large. Did too many boats embark at the same time, do they not have enough labor down there?

I'm still confused at why the backlog is so large. Did too many boats embark at the same time, do they not have enough labor down there?
After people stared getting out again and business started picking up, orders went to overseas suppliers, they started shipping more than the ports could handle. Add to that the labor shortage and we are were we are. Last I heard, the LA/LB port shuts down certain hours every day and does not operate on Sunday. Correct that if I'm not up to date.

Reactions: Geappetto Hunts
Longshoremens Unions won't let the Berths/shipyards deviate on shifts, breaks... even if the cargo ships are backed up, they call the shots. Containers have to be put on rail or on the road to free up yard space for next ship to come in and unload.

Reactions: Papadeuce
Let's not forget the hoarding that went on due to folks worried about the covid zombie apocalypse that was surely to ensue..but did not...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu