D16 report

Dam saw four doe. Wind changed direction. So was busted by smell.
No buck with them. Saw them mid day. Need some luck. Dam wind.

Glad you are out and about, don't miss a buck while you are looking at the phone screen ;). I always tell myself and friends that. I am stuck behind a computer screen from 8-5 all day.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I was on Laguna last friday full day nothing in the morning on first treestand afternoon , 3 does 100 yds from blind no bucks behind or aroun , im out the blind 20 min before dark with binos another doe 200 yds away she was alone too then when I back to car another doe 100 yds from car, no bucks ididnt che check my cams for 10 days a few friends have forks on cams early in the mornings or night, nothing about big bucks from summer.

Sunday I back nothing in the morning , afternoon 1 big doe 40 yds when I back to the car , all I was looking around was does , I listen some shoots around laguna some guys miss because they shoot 5 shoots, I think the rut starts this weekend when temps and weather go low in 30's and 50's high,
I back friday and sunday again full days.
report later good luck.

Well all was quiet. Only saw 4 does. Wind supposed to kick up
Tommorow. But I will be out there. Buck had to be a round.
But no luck.
Those does jumped right in to
The sage and lilac brush and would disappear. It's amazing.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I listen some shoots around laguna some guys miss because they shoot 5 shoots.
I think there are more AR deer hunters this year who are shooting multiple shots to flush out the deer. I was hearing 6 repeated shots on multiple occasions last weekend. You all know the old saying “1 shot means he got the deer, 2 shots maybe he got the deer, 3 shots means he didn’t get the deer.”

I think there are more AR deer hunters this year who are shooting multiple shots to flush out the deer. I was hearing 6 repeated shots on multiple occasions last weekend. You all know the old saying “1 shot means he got the deer, 2 shots maybe he got the deer, 3 shots means he didn’t get the deer.”
Just a little dangerous

Reactions: The Deer Guy
What ever happened to ethical hunting.

Hunted in morning til mid day.
Nothing moving. Wind kicked up
And it was bad. Tried to hunt thru it but. It was bad were I was at.
So called it. Tried calling out a predator. But no luck.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
This morning I hunted too, did not see game of any kind. I did see, though, a lot of sheriff's trucks driving up and down the road. I asked and one of the deputies told me that they were looking for a guy.
I did see a lot of foot traffic on the three areas where I ussualy go. I think that I am gonna have to find places farther to hunt. Many hunters also for a Thursday.

This morning I hunted too, did not see game of any kind. I did see, though, a lot of sheriff's trucks driving up and down the road. I asked and one of the deputies told me that they were looking for a guy.
I did see a lot of foot traffic on the three areas where I ussualy go. I think that I am gonna have to find places farther to hunt. Many hunters also for a Thursday.
Keep at it Fabian.
I have seen more hunters coming
Out further.

Thursday morning had a nice sized forky at 300 yards but he was moving through brush blocking my shot so I passed.. tried moving around for a better view but he gave me the slip. Last night winds were howling.. made for a fun night's sleep. Today nothing but does. Try again another day...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thursday morning had a nice sized forky at 300 yards but he was moving through brush blocking my shot so I passed.. tried moving around for a better view but he gave me the slip. Last night winds were howling.. made for a fun night's sleep. Today nothing but does. Try again another day...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Bummer Jason, you will get it next
Time. Keep at it brother.
This darn wind and bright sunny days isn't helping.

Well thinking about going out in the morning.
I will Wear a rain gear top. Early morning it will be freezing cold.
Plus 30 mph with 50 mpg wind gust.
Wind chill factor. Rain suit stops the
Wind from getting thru.
Works for me, cheap gear.
I am going out tomorrow too,
This time with my son, he wants to see how he feels. Hopefully I wouldn't have to come back too soon.

I was there today on the laguna on high winds, super cold weather , almost all day , 2 does at 20 yds from blind they come straight to doe strus scent , no buck around they was mid-size does, later i go around to check tracks and see a gray fox at 50 yds, and 1 spike at 40 yds hes comming straiht to my blind I find him 150 yds away.

Afternoo I go other spot I have and see 2 big does alone 80 yds, no bucks, and 15 turkeys too at mid day.

So question is are the rut started or not yet, is Laguna diferent than other areas , too many does alone , where was the bucks we all seen all summer ????
I back sunday to a diferent spot for a full day.
Good luck.

Afternoon I go other spot I have and see 2 big does alone 80 yds, no bucks, and 15 turkeys too at mid day.
If you have your Upland game stamp then those turkeys are legal for hunting starting tomorrow. Limit 1

I am going out tomorrow too,
This time with my son, he wants to see how he feels. Hopefully I wouldn't have to come back too soon.
Good luck Fabian. Dress warm gets chilly in the morning. Especially with wind chill. Right now bucks and does should be together. The wind might have paused it. Dry dry dry. Bring lots of water. And food.

Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu