D16 report

Finally my patience go off after see a lot does in the last week with no bucks around, have almost 10 does to shoot in the 15 and 20 yds in the last 2 weeks, just have 3 more full days for hunt , family come from spain for christmas so when I see a big doe I shoot it .
My spot have does around all mornings and afternoons whit some spikes and 3 points buck but the body smaller than a doe , I was little disapointment with my shoot , my broadhead was open 1mm on the left before the shoot of course I did not think it would affect me much but was , the doe was 20 yds I point on heart and I hit in the center of rear legs 2 yds left, the broadhead make 4 inch hole entrance and 6 inch out and cut the stomach I can see the intestines drop off the doe run and crash with down tree and broken rear leg , get 15 min and go check no blood trail for the next 80 yds then I find the most insane blooding trail I ever seen while hunting, I follow her almost 600 yds and I need to shoot again a fixed broadhead at 25 yds in the brush this time shoot in the lungs and die 25 seconds.
Im dissapointed with the rubber bands from swacker I thin with the warmer days in septenmber and cold days rubber lost some tight so left knife have some play, off course Im happy with broadhead performance this swacker 150 gr 3 inch cut is insane, I never see someone recover a wounded deer in back legs insane pics too.

Thats the diference between swacker 150 gr and dead ringer trauma almost same cut but dead ringer have better ruber band, first pic is the broadhead before shoot i have 2 in the quiver both same problem.

.IMG_1557[1].JPGIMG_1561.JPGIMG_1562.JPGIMG_1563.JPGIMG_1563.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
more pics

Attachments

• UKRK1111.JPG
    UKRK1111.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 40
  • VMCB4320.JPG
    VMCB4320.JPG
    348.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1514.JPG
    IMG_1514.JPG
    402.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    550.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1517.JPG
    IMG_1517.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    980 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1529.JPG
    IMG_1529.JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 51
Better meat in the freezer than soup tag , maybe next year have better luck I have 2 oportunities to kill bucks early season but I make some fatal mistakes and I paid, happy hunt to all hunters here for the rest of season , I made some goods friends this season out there good luck to all , i hope see all again in the turkey season.

From your other posts. You put a lot of time in. Congrats
Just today back for my trailcams and maybe kill turkey before the snow, when I thing no big bucks was around, near to my treestand a find 1 of the big bucks ive see in the summer he have 3 does and spike with him, now Im so sat to shoot this doe and not wait just 2 days more, next year for sure.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Just today back for my trailcams and maybe kill turkey before the snow, when I thing no big bucks was around, near to my treestand a find 1 of the big bucks ive see in the summer he have 3 does and spike with him, now Im so sat to shoot this doe and not wait just 2 days more, next year for sure.
PPbets ya just never know.
It will be there next year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu