D16 rifle started today?

I’m looking at the measurements on google earth from where I shot and it looks more like ~270 yards. It was about the limit of what I was comfortable taking a shot at in that light. I was fortunate to have a log to rest my barrel on. :eek:

Just shows how well the rifle shoots and how flat the 270win is as I aimed middle of shoulder and put the bullet through the top of his heart.

Anyone can maybe shed a little light on this? On x maps has always showed this area of BLM I like and now it's changed to department of defense.. it's only been changed like that for a couple of days at the most... Does that mean I can't go in there anymore?

Anyone can maybe shed a little light on this? On x maps has always showed this area of BLM I like and now it's changed to department of defense.. it's only been changed like that for a couple of days at the most... Does that mean I can't go in there anymore?
Around 4000 acres. That's some bullshit

Got out with my dad on some BLM land. Though we had found a quiet spot which is hard to get to. We were wrong. 10 trucks where we parked on opening morning. That said, we didn't see another hunter until the end of the day walking out. That said, we didn't see any bucks either. I may try to take a week day off and go back as there was a lot of fresh sign around.

I'd call the closest BLM office and ask them. I'd also pick up an actual BLM map of that area to see what it shows. I would not base being legal/illegal on OnX/Basemap/etc...
I called the El Centro office and dialed 0 to talk to someone and it was an endless 10 minute ring...

Got out with my dad on some BLM land. Though we had found a quiet spot which is hard to get to. We were wrong. 10 trucks where we parked on opening morning. That said, we didn't see another hunter until the end of the day walking out. That said, we didn't see any bucks either. I may try to take a week day off and go back as there was a lot of fresh sign around.
Bro same thing with me and my buddy.. we had the hundreds of acres to ourselves and good sign a lot of buck rubs but no buck shit or obvious beds

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu