Flash back Friday..

Big eyes are few and far between these days, not sure why. I have never got one, or if I remember even seen one, and I have spent a lot of time on the water.
Bigeyes almost look identical to Yellowfin. They have a longer pectoral fin... if you fold it forward it will touch its eye. Yellowfin will not touch the eye. I bet a lot of Bigeye were counted as Yellowfin. Ed F

Bigeyes almost look identical to Yellowfin. They have a longer pectoral fin... if you fold it forward it will touch its eye. Yellowfin will not touch the eye. I bet a lot of Bigeye were counted as Yellowfin. Ed F
Prolly so. Thanks.

The other thing I have noticed over the years with i.d. is the the upper tail fin blade is stockier and slightly longer than the lower. I've seen before and can see it in your pic. Also they tend to have bigger shoulders than YFT from what I have encountered.

Pre knucklehead...I do see a ring on my finger .so I'm guessin mid to late 90"s..it's possible sweet pea was in the car seat in the Ford ranger...LOL..

Circa 1979 - Shot in the wheat fields of Bonita, Ca. Birds came off Sweetwater lake and would feed in the wheat fields about a mile from my house. I was 15. We used 43 waxed cardboard decoys made by Henryetta decoy company.

Take notice of the vintage "JT Racing" t-shirt. I was coo coo into motocross in the 70's

Good times...

image0.jpg

Decoy.jpg

Great photos guys! Really shows how old some of us are getting.

This was around 1977 or 78. Dove hunting with my Step Dad & family friend Mike. Love my Dad's ripped up cut-off Jean shorts & our friends 70's shaggin' van. View attachment 54151

Great pic, Matty,

Speakin' of vans...My 1970 Ford Econoline...Tricked out for huntin'............ ;)

.wister B area 1972.jpg

Steve, that picture with the mtn. quail is awesome ! Totally digger the white turtleneck !!! LMAO !!!
I’ll add this ! 14 years old at Wister.
Seems like yesterday !!CD73637A-08E3-4BA9-B857-8882D143BDC9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MOUTHCALLINMATT

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu