Flash back Friday..

Ahh...when Longfellow got shanked..happy Friday fellas .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-125737.png
    Screenshot_20220429-125737.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
I miss albies more tha any other species, OK yellows on the iron at the islands was never a bad thing in the spring and quick to the grill with an italian salad dressing marinade was heaven. Would rather catch straight albies with no other species involved. They are the best for the grill, smoking or anything else.
p.s an occasional white sea bass was always welcome but they were/are so fical.

John - Barries, bones and albies on the same day ? albies must have been close ! Sun was shining that day looking at your cheeks...

Reactions: NBK
Big Jake looks like he's all business Stevo!!! Great pic!

I love these reminiscent photos !! I just had to post this opening weekend pic from B2. About 8 to 10 yrs old..... It rained all day , we hunted hard. It was cold . Me and my huntin bud went back to the cabin for a warm up, to dry the clothes and have a hearty lunch . We decided not to waste the opening evening and hiked into a burn area a few miles above my place. I glassed a spike buck above us who had seen us and strolled up over the ridge. My friend steve .... without saying a word left me and crept up the ridge . I thought he was being nutz. .... Me .... being a much smarter feller (lol) ; ) ....... hot footed it around the ridge staying at my current elevation. I waited for steve to crest the top. Lo and behold .... he bumped 3 bucks out . I knelt and tried to put my scope on them with the sun directly in my scope !!!!. The sun was low on the horizon. Very hard to see clearly. They were all solid bucks . I dropped the first and put my scope on the second of the three. It went out of sight after that second shot. I watched a 3 pointer (3x3) trot away from the scene . I only had 2 B tags . I think they were all brothers from the look of the horns. I have killed a few bigger bucks in my life but this was a a super memorable day . It was about a 120 yd shot off of my knees. Not sure if I am steady enough to take shots like that anymore . It was a good day.... totally burned into my memory . Hunt the burns. I still do . Po. ; )

Attachments

• B2 buck 1.jpg
    B2 buck 1.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu