Hot Tips!

Hydrogen peroxide does not “seal” wounds. It kills living cells via oxidation. If it used to clean a wound, which is fine, it should not be used repeatedly as it will also kill the new tissue that is growing in the wound.
Good point. And Great explanation.
Yes only for minor cuts. And only once.
But I differ on not sealing the small
Cut. But hey that's what these discussions are about.
I have been using it for while.

Thats what im thinking..stay safe from above!!!

Reactions: TheGDog
Here's one for every one.
Let's discuss a water proof tarp.
So researching there are light synthetic
Tarps out there that can make temporary shelter.
Any thoughts on the subject.
And should it be part of the pack.
Add two trekking poles to that.

I like stainless steel water bottles.
Call me old fashion. Great for boiling
Water. Need to treat water right.
Really old fashion is a metal canteen.

Remember the fad of those survival knifes. Some were really junk.
Mine is the Swiss pocket knife.
It has scissors, tooth pic, can opener,
Small and large blade. Leather sewing needle, file, tweezers. Bottle opener.
Any one remember the P32 can opener. Well we buy food in plastic now. But never Know.

Here’s one for IV dove hunters. How aggravating is it when you make a nice shot but the dove falls into a canal or steep ditch? I made this cheesy extending net and it has ended up being a great tool. Buy a cheap extending light bulb changer at Home Depot and remove the bulb grabber on the end. I used zip ties to attach an old dipnnet to the end. Done. This thing extends to 12 feet and compacts back down to five feet. When hunting near canals, take it out and leave it standing up against the truck for handy access. Last year every hunter in the vicinity was borrowing it and my group retrieved at least ten otherwise lost birds. 35BE7715-9F32-4716-B9BD-1CBB65E9DD8E.jpeg

Here’s one for IV dove hunters. How aggravating is it when you make a nice shot but the dove falls into a canal or steep ditch? I made this cheesy extending net and it has ended up being a great tool. Buy a cheap extending light bulb changer at Home Depot and remove the bulb grabber on the end. I used zip ties to attach an old dipnnet to the end. Done. This thing extends to 12 feet and compacts back down to five feet. When hunting near canals, take it out and leave it standing up against the truck for handy access. Last year every hunter in the vicinity was borrowing it and my group retrieved at least ten otherwise lost birds. View attachment 38069
I bring a pool net but same basic principle. Great tip right here for sure!

Reactions: WaterDawg
Who doesn't have a leather man
Or a knock off. Versatile tool.

RE: Leatherman : At first I got the Wave. But realistically it's too heavy. 11oz!
I've settled on the Skeletool. Gives you just what you need. Knife, Pliers/cutters, screwdriver,spring-loaded-clip/bottle-opener 5.3oz

Works excellent for cleaning rabbits! With the pliers right there it's easy to snap-off forelimbs and neck quickly and cleanly.

For me it's essentially the backup to my Havalon.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Here’s one for IV dove hunters. How aggravating is it when you make a nice shot but the dove falls into a canal or steep ditch? I made this cheesy extending net and it has ended up being a great tool. Buy a cheap extending light bulb changer at Home Depot and remove the bulb grabber on the end. I used zip ties to attach an old dipnnet to the end. Done. This thing extends to 12 feet and compacts back down to five feet. When hunting near canals, take it out and leave it standing up against the truck for handy access. Last year every hunter in the vicinity was borrowing it and my group retrieved at least ten otherwise lost birds. View attachment 38069
Great idea Kevin. I hate losing birds, although for me it's usually in the thick stuff instead of canals, but I've had it happen. Speaking of which, when we going for a euro shoot?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Who doesn't have a leather man
Or a knock off. Versatile tool.
Always in my truck and my pack.. it's come in handy often. A few instances... on a rabbit hunt my .22LR Marlin 60 double fed and the rounds were lodged too tight for my fat fingers to pull out, but my Leatherman got it done. Also used the saw to cut through a buck's pelvic bone. Also used it to tighten my battery terminal when it loosened and shorted my truck while off roading. I can go on..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu