LOCAL BUCKS

Are you sure he wasn't just standing there waiting for you to come up from behind? ;D

Last April I was out looking at deer and saw this buck. Took a picture and kept on going. Came back a couple hours later and he was missing his right antler. He had moved down the hill and maybe four or five hundred yards, so I knew the drop had to be in that area. Took about an hour and a half and found it.

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 143
  • downsized_1009112030.jpg
    downsized_1009112030.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 140
Hey Darryl,

Are you sure that isn't a drop from your head? You amaze me.

I got up to check my camera's and the batteries have been dead for over 2 weeks. Here’s a big cat. I hope it’s gone now.

Attachments

• Lion.jpg
    Lion.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 131
Lungpopper said:
Last April I was out looking at deer and saw this buck. Took a picture and kept on going. Came back a couple hours later and he was missing his right antler. He had moved down the hill and maybe four or five hundred yards, so I knew the drop had to be in that area. Took about an hour and a half and found it.
Isn't April late for them to shed? I thoought they started dropping in late Jan. or feb.

After seeing a monster buck a week and a half ago nothing else will do. I'm passing on every buck I see.

A nice tall forky under my tree stand...No. Maybe a small 3x4 eatting acorn...not gonna cut it. What I am looking for is the guy who made these tracks last Thursday.

Attachments

• IMG_8264.JPG
    IMG_8264.JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 109

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu