National Forest closures

I heard that same Podcast and it didn't sound right. It seems all of the fires here in SoCal have been arson related so I looked it up. Turns out "campfires" produce 5% of the total forest fire ignitors. That is before you break down the difference between a normal camper and a hunter. My guess is hunters are not the lion share of that number. Fires started by arson, wait for it, 21%. Fires started by debris burn 21%. Why did this guy lie on the Podcast?

I heard that same Podcast and it didn't sound right. It seems all of the fires here in SoCal have been arson related so I looked it up. Turns out "campfires" produce 5% of the total forest fire ignitors. That is before you break down the difference between a normal camper and a hunter. My guess is hunters are not the lion share of that number. Fires started by arson, wait for it, 21%. Fires started by debris burn 21%. Why did this guy lie on the Podcast?

What was the % from lightning strikes?

.lightning.jpg

Don't forget fires started by downed power lines....Seems some of our biggest fires started that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got confirmation that the four southern California National Forests will be closed through September 22.

• Angry
Reactions: sportyg
Thats werid my buddy made reservation on a camp spot on palomar for monday thu friday yesterday. He said it was blocked off til the 17th. So he booked it... What the f
Going on. Im gald im out of here on the road sunday morning heading to Wyoming. This is why i considering on leaving this F up state. That ive live most of life here.... Unbelievable.... Ill be looking into a place out there. Can't wait to put this in my rear veiw mirror..... What a shame!!!

Went to Cleveland National forest web site no mention of this still says 17th.

Attachments

• IMG_3207.jpg
    IMG_3207.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3208.jpg
    IMG_3208.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 7
They ended to order 2 days early statewide including forests with active fires excluding El Dorado but extended it for the forest in SoCal that don't have any fires going on at all? Dove will be over im going out anyways.

And then...they remain closed until .......

Yup..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-204732~2.png
    Screenshot_20210914-204732~2.png
    728.8 KB · Views: 20

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu