SIDEARM: Black Bear: Lightest Pistol you feel safe carrying for a Backup?

@HATCHET1 you know they have them invasive European jumping bears that can take you down while Makin a good out the window shot

• Haha
Reactions: TheGDog
Yup...seen it...not for me..yikes!

LOL Hatchet you don't even leave the truck anymore.
Actually I like your kind of Hunting.
My legs have to much mileage.
I get worked up for nothing.....lol

Dude... you're paranoid... stay home. You're much safer on the internet. I doubt I could actually shoot a bear, they're too cute. Ed F
Ed I thought you said you are or were in law enforcement.
And you tell me I am paranoid.. really. You did not hear, read about
PCT hikers being murdered. Gone missing, 411 missing and on .
What the hell Ed..

Ed I thought you said you are or were in law enforcement.
And you tell me I am paranoid.. really. You did not hear, read about
PCT hikers being murdered. Gone missing, 411 missing and on .
What the hell Ed..

I don’t think he was taking to you LBH.

Yup
..thats the internet...im actually gping hunting next Thursday for those elusive feral Ca. Hogs...and Rio grande turkeys...well, im going...again, i,ll just sit there or stand..while the boys lay waste to anything that moves....not sure why they feel thay have to shoot everything...kinda brings a tear to my eye...menacing..

37 years of CA did it for me....what a shit show..

I'd be carrying a 45-70 lever action with hard cast solid's with a Aimpoint sight if I was in griz country, black bear's don't scare me they are wimp's. Went Alaska once to visit my girlfriend and took a 44 mag. The local's told it was good idea so that could I blow my brains out before the griz mauled me. Hand gun's are not the answer to bears.

OK....So I get charged by a black bear in New Mexico at dark thirty in the morning, while turkey hunting....The sum bitch runs at me and about 30 feet I raise my arms and yell....HEY!....He throws on the brakes and runs the other way....My shotgun was across my back and a hand gun would've been in my holster....Just sayin'

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu