Vaccine proof card

Had to dig but actually found a pic of me at 19, scouting turkeys and goats at 6k feet elevation near Mauna Kea, Big Island. 4x4 in my '94 Nissan Hardbody like a moke. Yes, those are white Arnette sunglasses because we had no style back then. Circa '03. Really miss the terrain up there.
View attachment 50957
When we go to the big island next year I will be hitting you up for some info. Hoping to chase some goats and pigs a few days for sure.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Oh my Larry giving advice on solo backpack hunting in Griz areas.......with his advice you can tell who wears the pants & why he cuts corners.......oh and he'll never kill anything with his advice.

The guy has a dumb answer for everything.…...& He doesn't even see that he's full of it.

Just an update on our favorite accidental hunter!

Carry on.....

Oh my Larry giving advice on solo backpack hunting in Griz areas.......with his advice you can tell who wears the pants & why he cuts corners.......oh and he'll never kill anything with his advice.

The guy has a dumb answer for everything.…...& He doesn't even see that he's full of it.

Carry on.....
Larry, what did I'm miss?????? crap.

Carry on.....
Give Larry some hardcasts for his 380 and the lower 48 will be free of griz in 5 years.

Carry on.....
That asshole was in my dove spot on the 11th. Guy lives in the OC and instead of going out to the IV where there is no shortage of spots the only spot he can go to is my mediocre local area by me. I saw his truck but wasn't 100% sure and quite frankly didn't really want to see him knowing I'd give him a bunch of crap and get into it with him. After looking at his post on the slide I know it was him from his tailgate picture in the shade and subsequent stuck in the sand pic. Perfect definition of a scrub hunter and complete hypocrite.

Oh why'd you call him the accidental hunter, did he finally disclose why he took it up?

jeez...go away to stop mammal hearts for awile and i miss some good shit!! a lawrence sighting?...do tell!! by the way.... i hate kids.

That asshole was in my dove spot on the 11th. Guy lives in the OC and instead of going out to the IV where there is no shortage of spots the only spot he can go to is my mediocre local area by me. I saw his truck but wasn't 100% sure and quite frankly didn't really want to see him knowing I'd give him a bunch of crap and get into it with him. After looking at his post on the slide I know it was him from his tailgate picture in the shade and subsequent stuck in the sand pic. Perfect definition of a scrub hunter and complete hypocrite.

Oh why'd you call him the accidental hunter, did he finally disclose why he took it up?
Is that the one where he’s bitching about greenjeans wanting to see his guns after they pulled him out of the sand?

This is fantastic! I love that he went back to a spot he was taken to without permission. Man I don't know why that puts icing on an already amusing thread.

• Haha
Reactions: MJB and ilovesprig
I always say to myself, if I give a spot to a hunter I met online. I always leave myself some space for disappointment on keeping the spot to themselves. At what point does it go from "it's his spot" to it's my spot after a few years? I like to see hunters harvest game sometimes the feeling is almost better than me taking it myself. Hey, but everyone is different and expects different shit.

In the pic below my bro in law and myself had spotted a few gallos in a field. I noticed a "out of towner" trucking by and I flagged him down, asked how they (father and son i think) had done. They had been skunked so far. I told them I had a few roosters pinned in this field if they would join us and walk it. At the edge of the field 1 rooster flushed and we let them take the shot, the dad dropped it. Smiles all over.
IMG_6891.JPG

I always say to myself, if I give a spot to a hunter I met online. I always leave myself some space for disappointment on keeping the spot to themselves. At what point does it go from "it's his spot" to it's my spot after a few years? I like to see hunters harvest game sometimes the feeling is almost better than me taking it myself. Hey, but everyone is different and expects different shit.

In the pic below my bro in law and myself had spotted a few gallos in a field. I noticed a "out of towner" trucking by and I flagged him down, asked how they (father and son i think) had done. They had been skunked so far. I told them I had a few roosters pinned in this field if they would join us and walk it. At the edge of the field 1 rooster flushed and we let them take the shot, the dad dropped it. Smiles all over.
View attachment 51015
It looks like your bro in law is holding the greatest shotgun known to man!

It looks like your bro in law is holding the greatest shotgun known to man!
527, what shotgun does he have? I remember he told me once something about don't let my sister sell his shotgun at the price he told her he paid?

Last edited:
Ah yes, when I was 19....It was not a good year....Had a terrible season at LBCC and then didn't sign with the Dodgers....Quit playing football....Got an open container ticket when I was the only one not drinking, but was the driver....Week later got thrown in the slammer for attempted assault on a hippie, that just happen to be a police informant....Then was forced to go on vacation with my parents on the dove opener....Dropped my dads like new Browning Humpy 20 into some rocks chukar hunting....Geeze, '67 couldn't end fast enough...... :joy:
I'm with you when I was 19 I was in Nam not the best place to be at that age.

Regardless of gauge, 1100s are the most reliable and quickest handling shotgun there is!
In that case things have changed a lot. I know for a fact there are at lease two at the bottom a river in Mexico. Real POS back in the late 70's and early 80's.

Reactions: ilovesprig
In that case things have changed a lot. I know for a fact there are at lease two at the bottom a river in Mexico. Real POS back in the late 70's and early 80's.
My dad shoots my great grandpa's 1100 from the 70s, he piles up the doves with it and it doesn't malfunction. I shoot my grandpa's 1100 from the 80s, it only malfunctions once in a while. Nothing serious, sometimes it doesn't feed the 2nd shell, only takes 2 seconds to feed the shell when that happens.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu