Vaccine proof card

My dad shoots my great grandpa's 1100 from the 70s, he piles up the doves with it and it doesn't malfunction. I shoot my grandpa's 1100 from the 80s, it only malfunctions once in a while. Nothing serious, sometimes it doesn't feed the 2nd shell, only takes 2 seconds to feed the shell when that happens.
Keep shooting it, it'll get worse. I have an 81 that was like that and it went from happens a little to happens all the time. And I did all the normal 1100 stuff like cleaning and changing the o rings etc. That said I put down thousands of birds with that thing Im sure.

Dad's Beretta has jammed too! I'll stick with my American classics!
All my (borrowed ) over under never jam. Just saying. If jamming was the only issue with that POS 1100 it may not be at the bottom of the river. Like I said maybe they improved them.

Reactions: garlicsalt
All my (borrowed ) over under never jam. Just saying. If jamming was the only issue with that POS 1100 it may not be at the bottom of the river. Like I said maybe they improved them.
Dad's over under won't extract shells, last time he used it he had to switch it out for my Mossy 500! The 500 may be a close second behind the 1100. This season I will see how an old 870 stacks up and afterwards I will give my assessment of 870s.

870 - 20g never fails
This year I will take 1956 870 16g to the marsh, from the looks of the receiver I would say it has been on a few duck hunts. After decades in the safe, I put 50 rounds through it this summer and I expect it to dominate the marsh!

C’mon Jake. 870 never fails even with that shit

Must be the old 12g then! I hunted a dove season with the 870 and win ammo, literally had to bang my stock into the ground while holding the pump to get every single shell out. Truth be told, I knew it was the ammo but kept struggling with it since my wife was with me. She agreed it was time for a new shotgun.

I bought an A300 a few weeks later and haven't used the 870 since.

Must be the old 12g then! I hunted a dove season with the 870 and win ammo, literally had to bang my stock into the ground while holding the pump to get every single shell out. Truth be told, I knew it was the ammo but kept struggling with it since my wife was with me. She agreed it was time for a new shotgun.

I bought an A300 a few weeks later and haven't used the 870 since.
@JakeSCH how does you're A300 cycle 1oz steel dove loads?

Post him when you blast him buddy...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu