Weather for dove opener

Today's report from Chuck E Cheese in El Centro :) ... Had a few fire cracker thunderstorms around the area. Doves are still here, don't worry. Bring the steel guys. You can score a few limits by just road hunting.
This!! And man...steel for dove...how sad..

I hope I get to go out Weds. morning, I have a bunch of #7.5 bird seed I went to give the birds of peace. Grandson keeps testing negative and feels great. My friends said, you know you better go, if you have the Rona it might be your last hunt. My friends are special that way.
Can't get anyone to share a room with me. You would think they're afraid they're going to catch something,.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
I'll be driving by to kill large mammals...if your positive..I'll stay up wind and leave a glass a brown outside your door then call you via FaceTime..... I'm a giver buddy!!

I don’t know if I’m happy or sad, but the weather in Blythe is back to 15% chance of rain with a high of 102. Looks like a hot one as usual. Hoping to shoot straight and get limits quick. Kids only have 3 boxes of 20ga between the two of them, the stuff has been impossible to find for the last 4 months.

Anyone have any tips for fishing in Blythe? Canals or the river? Type of fish? Bait? Thanks for any input!
North of town where the main drain comes in off the diversion dam can be a good spot for catfish and bass. Cats are good on the chicken livers or strips of mackeral, bass respond well on plastics jigged across the bottom. Fishing is good at night, but then you have to contend with the insect population. They all show up.

This is why trail cams are a must. No matter where the doves go, I have cellular cams sending me intel from all across the state. I did see a rattler on the way back from one field. Hopefully the 1100 doesn’t have to belch fire and steel when I walk out in the dark on Wednesday. That would be unpleasant for both me and rattler.

• Haha
Reactions: IVhunter
Anyone have any tips for fishing in Blythe? Canals or the river? Type of fish? Bait? Thanks for any input!
I use pieces of shrimp on a #4 or 6 hook, 12lb mono and no weight. Try the smaller ditches off the bigger supply at checks gates and siphons. I finally learned to keep my shadow off the water. Chicken liver is good also, I tie it on a #2 baitholder with elastic thread. If no fish after 5-10 mins. move on. Bass hit the usual baits. Stripers, smallies and largemouth are in those ditches, I've even caught them on corn while fishing for carp.

Reactions: WrstDuckHntr
I'll be driving by to kill large mammals...if your positive..I'll stay up wind and leave a glass a brown outside your door then call you via FaceTime..... I'm a giver buddy!!
I knew I could count on you. Still negative. Grandson same. Friends still hunting with me but, want to talk via cell phone to radio.

Reactions: HATCHET1
I use pieces of shrimp on a #4 or 6 hook, 12lb mono and no weight. Try the smaller ditches off the bigger supply at checks gates and siphons. I finally learned to keep my shadow off the water. Chicken liver is good also, I tie it on a #2 baitholder with elastic thread. If no fish after 5-10 mins. move on. Bass hit the usual baits. Stripers, smallies and largemouth are in those ditches, I've even caught them on corn while fishing for carp.
Speaking of carp, their guts make great catfish bait, that was all we used when I was but a child. Catch the carp on bread dough, gut them and catch catfish. We never bought bait.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu