Weather for dove opener

As far as I know there have been no major storms hit our area. Still I have no doubt most of the WW had bailed out, happens every year. Still no sure if I'm going or not, getting tested tomorrow. I feel great except for the old age aches and pains. When to going gets tough, the tough get going.

Just talked to the landowner where we hunt in AZ. Most people don't realize how detrimental the lack of rainfall has become statewide on the wildlife. Sure the critters in AZ are tough, but there comes a point when even the toughest perish.. This monsoon season has been the most beneficial the state has seen in many years, and it did send the majority of WW heading south. But the benefits to the wildlife across the state far outweighs less dove for the opener.

As far as I know there have been no major storms hit our area. Still I have no doubt most of the WW had bailed out, happens every year. Still no sure if I'm going or not, getting tested tomorrow. I feel great except for the old age aches and pains. When to going gets tough, the tough get going.
I already put in for the day off at work and reserved the hotel so I'm all in. With my luck, I'll cancel it all and then the weather will turn nice and everyone will say how good the shooting was lol.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I just looked at radar for that area Steve. Not good, but the storms are coming from South and heading into that area, not going east.

Anyone have any tips for fishing in Blythe? Canals or the river? Type of fish? Bait? Thanks for any input!

Anyone have any tips for fishing in Blythe? Canals or the river? Type of fish? Bait? Thanks for any input!
A lot of the canals hold catfish and bass. I have never fished the canals but have been hunting and stopped and talked to guys with stringers of catfish. I have seen a lot of bass under the canal bridges.

Praying for the dove..... Let's give them a chance this year fellas...been a tuff year for all...

Although if these 2 lovebirds keep sqaukin on my balcony....I'm gonna have #2 do them with the pellet gun come Sept 1st .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-191426~2.png
    Screenshot_20210829-191426~2.png
    660 KB · Views: 12
Today's report from Chuck E Cheese in El Centro :) ... Had a few fire cracker thunderstorms around the area. Doves are still here, don't worry. Bring the steel guys. You can score a few limits by just road hunting.

I hope I get to go out Weds. morning, I have a bunch of #7.5 bird seed I went to give the birds of peace. Grandson keeps testing negative and feels great. My friends said, you know you better go, if you have the Rona it might be your last hunt. My friends are special that way.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu