Weather for dove opener

Don't know where everyone I heading but, it looks like the Cibola area has some nasty stuff coming in later today. As of now staying So. of Blight.

South on Lovekin to 18 ave. turn right to 1st canal, turn left either before or after canal go to first bridge. Known catfish hang out. Seems best just after control gate.

Last edited:
Looking outside... great weather and a little breeze to boot. I'm sure some of you are trickling into town and will see it first hand. The outskirts of the valley got some scattered rain last night.

BIG storm hitting tonight here in AZ...outta keep the birds down and safe for the morning!! Post him when you kill him fellas!! Counting on you D16/dove guys to get that bird!!!

Trip start out real good for first 1.5 hrs. on the road then, there was a real major backup. They said 3 right lanes closed ahead, wrong entire 10 shut down. after almost 2 hrs. trying to get off freeway they dumped us off at 8th ave. in Beaumont . Surface streets there were not meant for traffic. When we got off we noticed traffic starting to move again. We went back two miles got back on freeway, kind of slow for 2 miles then it open ed up. Tanker rolled down freeway for a while then split open and spilled a shithose full of oil. Normal 3.5 hr trip, just over 7 hrs. Not a good omen.

• Sad
Reactions: MJB and ilovesprig
A storm is brewing in the IV . Looks sketchy guys.... but hey no matter what it's still going down.

sorry about the traffic GDL

Hurricane type shit going on here in the motherland of dove...watch them flash floods Dover's...and post that bird!!!

One more thing, some roads partially washed out but passable with 4x4.. Combat dove hunting. If you go south of blight on Az. side in the dark proceed with caution. Rain could be the least of your problems.

Go easy dove shooters...no bird is worth it...or is it?

• Haha
Reactions: IVhunter
Update...here in Scottsdale....gale force winds and rain....2 dove hiding under my back porch...they here in the morning..they getting a .177 cal pellet to the THROAT!!

This guy is gonna get it to if he's not careful...kicking it on my gate at the moment...gonna be a tuff night sleep knowing he's in the area...come on morning!!!

Screenshot_20210831-170110~2.png

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu