Weather for dove opener

I’m using the excuse that I focused on the boys today. 10 for me and 4 and 7 for the boys (the young one was bird dog). Super proud and happy for them. They had so much fun today actually connecting with birds and doing it all on their own. Hope everyone had a great day!

214604F3-CB3B-41BB-AA3F-5EEA1F2D8C0B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it's humid. First spot not great, 10 . Moved down to Cibola Massive amount of birds and considerably more hunters, around 3.2 million, my friend said 3.6 but he is pro exaggeration. even so we filled the game bags.

Dove tables are the best!! Bring um on fellas!!

Damn it's humid. First spot not great, 10 . Moved down to Cibola Massive amount of birds and considerably more hunters, around 3.2 million, my friend said 3.6 but he is pro exaggeration. even so we filled the game bags.
Lordy it was humid this morning. I was glad when the sun came up and it started to dry out.

Pretty bummed there are no evening dove shooter pics? ...wow...

Pretty bummed there are no evening dove shooter pics? ...wow...
I'm here to help sir.

Evening Hunt: Spot 1 was loaded with hunters. Spot 2 : Let's call it "The Fly Way" = Lots of birds flying but they were high flyers big time. That's when Dove Fever hit and it was all over. The high flyers kept passing and I kept shooting, only to feathered a few. I think the duck hunters have a word for that.. is it Sky Busting? Couple of Euro's flew by, very slow & low flying like they had no worry in the world. BOOM.. One went down on the first shot and the other euro actually came back around to see what happened to it's mate... BOOM and it was down.... That's my story and i'm sticking to it :p

pics or it didn't happen.

IMG_1162.JPGIMG_1161.JPG...

I'm here to help sir.

Evening Hunt: Spot 1 was loaded with hunters. Spot 2 : Let's call it "The Fly Way" = Lots of birds flying but they were high flyers big time. That's when Dove Fever hit and it was all over. The high flyers kept passing and I kept shooting, only to feathered a few. I think the duck hunters have a word for that.. is it Sky Busting? Couple of Euro's flew by, very slow & low flying like they had no worry in the world. BOOM.. One went down on the first shot and the other euro actually came back around to see what happened to it's mate... BOOM and it was down.... That's my story and i'm sticking to it :p

pics or it didn't happen.

View attachment 50534View attachment 50535...
Dude...is that a dove glove?

• Haha
Reactions: NBK and IVhunter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu