LOCAL BUCKS

Okay then, here's sum'ore.

I can't sleep I'm so excited about the openers on Thursday and Saturday! To get to sleep I tried counting doves...that didn't work. Tried counting bucks. That didn't work niether . Maybe tonight I'll count does?

Attachments

• PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 70
I just got thrown a curve, instead of coming home and hunting Sat.My family decided to come down to Yuma and go to the river...........Just lost three days of hunting.
Oh well I leave Tues for Oklahoma anyways.

I am just plain excited period. It's HUNTING season. I can barely contain myself!

We went up and checked my camera today. Got 12 pictures of this buck by my stand. My A31 opens 9-24.

And YES, I would shoot him.

Attachments

• SUNP0103.JPG
    SUNP0103.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 48
You keep posting photos like that you will need the federal witness protection program!

The season started and Lungpopper is off the computer and in the field. Any blood yet? Harvest Moon tonight!!!!! Counting down you days till I get out there.

Went out Wed saw five Does. Went Thur different direction saw five more Does and the short G2 buck (the short G2 buck is about a 95”-100” three by three) I’ve been watching since he was in velvet. No way to get to him because the sun just wont cooperate. So I just watch till dark and back out.
Sat morning I’m sitting in my spot I see a buck bedded he’s a small two by two. I keep scanning see some Does keep looking see another Buck another two by two. Then I see a doe with a Buck. It’s the short G2 so I decide to go after him. Waited till he bedded down and started the sneak. About a half hour later the range finder says one hundred and fifteen yards Not going to happen I’ve got to get closer but there is a cliff between us ,so I back out and work my way further down the ridge. Roll back over range finder says one hundred yards .I start sneeking my way down the side of the cliff to Eighty yards. Look to my right and two Does ,I’m busted they are thirty three yards and locked onto me. I freeze they just stare at me they don’t know what to do. I look and the buck is up and working his way up the hill towards me. As he gets closer my adrenaline is flowing like a river. I can’t believe these does have not spooked and now the buck is at Forty seven yards and I’m shaking. I draw back and let it fly, F@#@&N miss. Right over his back. O well at least my tags still good I’ll try again tommorrow.

Thats great you're seeing bucks and getting shots. I went out this afternoon and didn't see one deer. I did see two bobcats. One had a dead rabbit in its mouth.

Even if you don't see deer it's still worth getting out there to see bobcats.Way cool to see the one with the rabbit you must have just missed the kill,watching that would have been exciting.

After yesterdays adrenaline overload I decided to take it easy and go sit in one of the treestands.
Had four does come in with three fawns and a yearling.Was hoping after seeing the bucks out cruising yesterday that there might be a buck following them.Waited over an hour and no bucks.

Yeah the bobcats were really cool to watch. The one with the dead rabbit was walking around so proud. It walked right by my stand and went into the thick stuff to eat his dinner. The second one was chasing after something and I only caught a short glance of him. I had put my camera up in August before Utah so the batteries were dead so no good pic’s. Only a few does. I’ll be out next week to give it another try.

Great to see the oppurtunity you got Darryl, keep it up and they will be there. I have not seen any cats yet this year but the
mountain lion tracks are thick in the Lagunas. Good hunting guys.

I wish I could say the same Mike,
Thursday last week walking in and right in front of my stand a lion the first encounter for me as i begin t panic i look right and there's another. I called for my buddy and they looked at each other and were gone.
Tonight walking out with the same friend opposite side of the mountain as we got a little lost we were talking about the other morning not 2 minutes later brian stops and says look another f..in cat 15 feet max. This cat came straight to us i knocked an arrow as only defense at full draw and he stop's and scream's and vanished this is starting to really suck.

That is chilling just reading your post, I have encountered allot of cats in my life but they have always made the right decision and bailed when they see me. I would have to probably say that if there are two cats in your area there probably not many deer. This is why I pack heat to and from my stand in the dark. I am not going to leave my kids and wife behind because of being stupid. Good luck with this cat issue, If I were you guys I would move on. One cat is bad enough, two could be a big problem.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu