LOCAL BUCKS

A lion sighting should only be 3-4 times in a hunters lifetime unless with dogs. It is scary how many cats you guys have down there and how they are not that scared of people. Problem waiting to happen.

Wow, amazing story MSE. You have got yourself a cat honey-hole! You could even go as far as saying that you're a pussy magnet... ;D

Well i was once called a pussy magnet but that was when i was in school as for the lion's these two encounters happened at least 4 1/2 miles from each other on laguna ? In both areas I have had many deer pre and post season very strange and somewhat annoying.

Hunted the treestand tonight.About ten minutes to seven had four does and a small buck come through.That little buck was sure acting rutty,he had one doe picked out that he thought was special.
Just a matter of time and the big boys will want to play.

"If everything keeps going the way it is the rut may come early this year"

When the rut shows up,I hope this guy comes with it.

Attachments

• BUCKS 09 110.jpg
    BUCKS 09 110.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 94
Very nice buck, I know some guys have said that the deer size would be down this year but i think that is one year away, I know there is some really nice bucks out there this year, I hope you drop that buck Darryl

Lungpopper said:
"If everything keeps going the way it is the rut may come early this year"

When the rut shows up,I hope this guy comes with it.

He's a dandy buck. Did you take that photo recently? If so, who wants to wait for the rut? You are clear for launch, stick him.

Michael, sure hope you are right about the buck size!

Nice buck Lungpopper. Kill that thing so we can get a better look.

I took that pic three years ago.

I should have posted that "I want one like this" to come in.

SORRY ABOUT THAT....just trying to get guys pumped to get out there and hunt.

I cant wait for the weekends.
Went two nights after work last week, Sat AM, Sun AM, and three nights after work this week.
Its time to get out there the bucks are starting to move around.

I wish I could put in that much time. Family, work, etc. I get 1 morning a week and I'm happy. If the bucks are running crazy I'll buy another by trading some extra shopping cash. :-*

Looks like the high temperature will be 89 on Saturday. Back to 80 on Sunday. That might slow things down some. We are still 30 days away from the normal beginning of the rut so the bucks should start fighting real soon.

Evening hunts are great if you can cut away from work.

I'm hunting tomorrow morning. Its the A31 opener. Buck or doe it's coming home with me. Wish me luck !

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu