LOCAL BUCKS

"I didn't see one deer."
Keep with it they will show up eventually

Had a 2X2 come into the treestand yesterday.He hung up at 58 yards but I had already decided to pass.Here are some pic's of him.Looks like he has the potential to get bigger.

Attachments

• IMG_2915.JPG
    IMG_2915.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2916.JPG
    IMG_2916.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 58
Put in another 6 hours in the stand today, and only saw rabbits. Got two bucks on the camera. The young 2x2 would get a pass. The 2x3 would not score well, maybe 80 inches, but would be a tough call with how slow it is out there.

Attachments

• 2x2.JPG
    2x2.JPG
    873.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 2x3.JPG
    2x3.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 46
Question????? the 2x3 with an eye guard.
Most people would call it a 2x3 but since the eye guard counts as part of the score
wouldn't it be a 3X3.

Just curios about how people count points.

East coast it would be a 6 point. Out here most just call it a 2x3 with 1 eye guard. I like the western count better myself. It gives more detail. That guy is so lop-sided he would only net score as a 2x2 with no eye guards.

Lungpopper said:
Question????? the 2x3 with an eye guard.
Most people would call it a 2x3 but since the eye guard counts as part of the score
wouldn't it be a 3X3.

Just curios about how people count points.

It depends on who you're talking to. The east coast/midwest whitetail folks count the eyeguards as points. Western mule deer hunters ignore the eyeguards.

Even though I'm a born and raised western mule deer guy, I think the whitetail people have the better system.

We have never counted eye guards on Mule Deer and that has always been the rule on all Mule Deer wherever they are.
Nice pics guys, good to see a few bucks are moving in the day light.

Wow !!! Great local reports guys. This board is really taking off now that the season has started. I need to check in here more often. Great local info. Love the trailcam pic's too.

Good to hear from you Jeff I hope all is well, Cool buck Tashla, Keep that one in your back pocket for after the rut. If you are seeing bucks in your area there will be more soon, good hunting I hope all is well how are the little ones,?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu