Pictures & information with or about children under the age of 18 is prohibited on SCH

Also, does this mean fine fire arms can no longer sponsor this site??

@Aeon @NBK @ilovesprig @Lungpopper

FF has not been a SCH sponsor for quite some time now. SCH does not have any firearm dealers as sponsors at the moment.

With that said, FF is a great place to shop in local SoCal. And a friend of the site.

Last edited:
And we just keep bending over when the bureaucrats come up with another ridiculous law. Who does this help? Give me a break...Can't celebrate the accomplishments of a young kid that studied to get firearm safety and got lucky enough or skilled enough to take home some wild game for the family. What a joke...But hey, no problem celebrating other BS that most of us dont want to see.

Reactions: TRICER
Does this mean I can't send by text, picture I took with my cell phone of my grandson holding game if gun (borrowed) is in picture.

Just reading up on this. This bill is so stupid. SB2571 prohibits "a FIREARM INDUSTRY MEMBER, as defined, from advertising or marketing any firearm-related product, as defined, in a manner that is designed, intended, or reasonably appears to be attractive to minors."

First, are the admins of this site "FIREARM INDUSTRY MEMBERS"? I did not dive deep into the bill to see how they define "FIREARM INDUSTRY MEMBER."

Second, are minors even allowed to join this site? If they aren't how can any picture or even any post, be considered advertising/marketing to minors if none are on this site?

Side note, I'm curious how many of the mass shooters who were under say, 21 yo, were experienced hunters/outdoors folks, which is what this site primarily markets to. Again, I don't know the answer but I'm willing to bet it little or none.

NOT offering a legal opinion here: But as I read it, this bill would not apply to SCH. We do not fit within the definition of a "firearm industry member." Steve, who advised the site not to allow the posting of pictures of under-18 years hunting/with firearms? Feel free to DM me if you'd prefer, but that doesn't sound like valid legal advice.

This is what I found doing a search:

By CITY NEWS SERVICE | [email protected] |
PUBLISHED: July 9, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. | UPDATED: July 9, 2022 at 5:56 p.m.
LOS ANGELES — Gun rights groups Friday filed suit in Los Angeles seeking to block the further implementation of a new law banning the marketing of guns to minors by manufacturers and others in the firearms industry.
Gov. Gavin Newsom signed AB 2571 into law last week under an emergency order to have the statute go into effect immediately. Any promotion of firearms to those under 18 years of age may lead to fines of $25,000 per incident, it states.
“This law is a clear First Amendment violation of speech and assembly,” said Chuck Michel, president and general counsel of the Fullerton-based California Rifle & Pistol Association, among plaintiffs in the suit.
“It’s really an attempt to wipe out the next generation of hunters and shooters,” he said. “Politicians in Sacramento are not even trying to hide their disdain for the `gun culture,’ which they neither understand nor support. They want to wipe it out.”

The lawsuit filed in federal court against state Attorney General Rob Bonta alleges that the law violates free speech rights under the First Amendment. Other plaintiffs include Junior Shooters — publisher of a youth shooting magazine — and such groups as the Second Amendment Foundation.
Representatives from Bonta’s office could not be reached for immediate comment.

I just read the "emergency statute" AB2571. it pertains to the firearm industry and specifically says advertising firearms sales to minors. How does posting pics on SCH have anything to do with this? I couldn't find anything closely related to prohibiting posting pics of kids with guns... help me out here. Ed F
I’m no lawyer but the way the law is written, it seems like SCH could he considered an entity created to advocate for the shooting industry. Because of that, photos on SCH that “make shooting attractive to minors” might be banned by the law.

OTOH, posting personal photos on FB would not since neither the individual nor FB is a firearm industry member.

The whole thing is so incredibly broad that I imagine and hope it will get knocked down in court.

I mean look at this second definition for a firearm industry member from the bill:

“(B) A person, firm, corporation, company, partnership, society, joint stock company, or any other entity or association formed for the express purpose of promoting, encouraging, or advocating for the purchase, use, or ownership of firearm-related products that does one of the following:
(i) Advertises firearm-related products.
(ii) Advertises events where firearm-related products are sold or used.
(iii) Endorses specific firearm-related products.
(iv) Sponsors or otherwise promotes events at which firearm-related products are sold or used.”

That’s pretty much any hunting forum or conservation group like DU, QF, and NWTF.

So , you take your son or daughter( minor) hunting , they earned it , they were succesful , yet we are not allowed to post any pics.

On the other hand minors can be exposed to drag queens and thats considered healthy , and you are encouraged to post photos and videos ,

try to make sense of this , it's absolutely mind boggling.

Think about all of the ultra violent video games that market to under aged people. And Hollywood. A whole can of worms there.

Pretty much hypocritical and so many ways.
I think you bring up a grat point , does this bill effect the current vidoe game market? I'm going to do a bit of research.

I think video games market guns more to minors than hunting, and let’s them virtually run around and kill people with them, I the MA label allows them to do it. Are they going to require MA, R, PG-13, PG ratings for websites content.

Maybe the websites just need a pop up where people have to check a box that’s says they are 18+ Before taking them to the Home Screen kind of like on a beer or ciggeratte web site.

bet you guys never thought we would be the ones fighting for the 1A

that used to be the job of the left.

Can we start a youth page with copious amounts of dead stuff...with no bad firearms in them...I'll start..I got pics for days..this one kinda brings a tear to my eye..poor bunny..

.Screenshot_20220718-142159.png

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu