Pictures & information with or about children under the age of 18 is prohibited on SCH

Does this mean that the JAKES event can no longer have kids shooting guns if this bill doesn't get repealed?

Just went to a clay shooting event with the mens group of the new church I am attending in Idaho. It was a great course at the local shotgun club shooting complex..14 different stations with different scenarios for shooting clays. Glad I found this new church out here with like minded Christian men. The gentlemen who ran the trap range was just speaking on how being men in todays society is under attack let alone Christian men and outdoorsmen & how we must come together to keep our ways of life intact.. They are having another event for dads and sons in Sept and even one for dads and daughters before the end of the year to teach firearm safety and how to navigate as young men and women in todays society.

George,

The call that I got said that ALL JAKES events would be put on hold until further notice...Fortunately, we have already had ours...I'm also confident that this absurd law will be over turned by next year.

Sounds like Idaho fits you well...Maybe start a NWTF chapter and have a JAKES event there... :blush:

Does this mean that the JAKES event can no longer have kids shooting guns if this bill doesn't get repealed?

Just went to a clay shooting event with the mens group of the new church I am attending in Idaho. It was a great course at the local shotgun club shooting complex..14 different stations with different scenarios for shooting clays. Glad I found this new church out here with like minded Christian men. The gentlemen who ran the trap range was just speaking on how being men in todays society is under attack let alone Christian men and outdoorsmen & how we must come together to keep our ways of life intact.. They are having another event for dads and sons in Sept and even one for dads and daughters before the end of the year to teach firearm safety and how to navigate as young men and women in todays society.
No. There is nothing in this asinine bill which prohibits youths from shooting. They just cannot advertise the event. Maybe. I agree with Sprig and hope this abomination of a bill is overturned ASAP.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
George,

The call that I got said that ALL JAKES events would be put on hold until further notice...Fortunately, we have already had ours...I'm also confident that this absurd law will be over turned by next year.

Sounds like Idaho fits you well...Maybe start a NWTF chapter and have a JAKES event there...
I did find a few local chapters but haven't had the chance to attend a meeting yet. I think that is a great idea tho. I'd love to get something going like the JAKES event out here if there isn't anything like that for the kiddos out here. I'll definitely be giving you a call to pick your brain about it if a chapter out here wants to get involved. & yes hopefully that bill gets over turned out there..pure nonsense..

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
No. There is nothing in this asinine bill which prohibits youths from shooting. They just cannot advertise the event. Maybe. I agree with Sprig and hope this abomination of a bill is overturned ASAP.
Might be able to get kids from families already in the hunting community but it’ll be hard to expose new kids to the sport without being able to advertise the event.

I did find a few local chapters but haven't had the chance to attend a meeting yet. I think that is a great idea tho. I'd love to get something going like the JAKES event out here if there isn't anything like that for the kiddos out here. I'll definitely be giving you a call to pick your brain about it if a chapter out here wants to get involved. & yes hopefully that bill gets over turned out there..pure nonsense..
That would be incredibly commendable. We are reaping what the left has sewn with the indoctrination of our kids and turning that around is probably as impactful of a thing one could do.

I attended a ZOOM meeting today with Bill Gaines, Chuck Michel, CRPA and others from the hunting community...The jest of the meeting is that CRPA has filed an injunction against AB 2571...They're hoping it will be heard by August 8th and at the injunction will put a stop to the violation of our 1st amendment right to free speech...They sounded like they have a very strong case with lots of backing...The meeting was very informative on how's for us and who's not.

If you're going to give money or donate to a cause...Make it CRPA...The NRA has basically stopped working in California...This is not a knock on the NRA, because they have a lot of irons in the fire, but we need dollars kept in our own state...The NRA did NOT attend this meeting.

You guys have me cnfused ,its saying if you are a manufacturer or a worker for a manufacturer your not allowed to promote firearms to a chid under 18 ,so if your event is not sponsored by a firearm manufacturer your not promoting firearms, nor is a picture of your jr hunting ,unless you are specifically saying buy a benelli made for a minor

You guys have me cnfused ,its saying if you are a manufacturer or a worker for a manufacturer your not allowed to promote firearms to a chid under 18 ,so if your event is not sponsored by a firearm manufacturer your not promoting firearms, nor is a picture of your jr hunting ,unless you are specifically saying buy a benelli made for a minor
It’s far broader than that. Read section 4B.

(4) “Firearm industry member” means any of the following:

(A) A person, firm, corporation, company, partnership, society, joint stock company, or any other entity or association engaged in the manufacture, distribution, importation, marketing, wholesale, or retail sale of firearm-related products.

(B) A person, firm, corporation, company, partnership, society, joint stock company, or any other entity or association formed for the express purpose of promoting, encouraging, or advocating for the purchase, use, or ownership of firearm-related products that does one of the following:

(i) Advertises firearm-related products.
(ii) Advertises events where firearm-related products are sold or used.
(iii) Endorses specific firearm-related products.
(iv) Sponsors or otherwise promotes events at which firearm-related products are sold or used.

You dads with JR hunters are screwed, you should check on the address to mail in your fines ,ya'll are guilty person.

It’s far broader than that. Read section 4B.

(4) “Firearm industry member” means any of the following:

(A) A person, firm, corporation, company, partnership, society, joint stock company, or any other entity or association engaged in the manufacture, distribution, importation, marketing, wholesale, or retail sale of firearm-related products.

(B) A person, firm, corporation, company, partnership, society, joint stock company, or any other entity or association formed for the express purpose of promoting, encouraging, or advocating for the purchase, use, or ownership of firearm-related products that does one of the following:

(i) Advertises firearm-related products.
(ii) Advertises events where firearm-related products are sold or used.
(iii) Endorses specific firearm-related products.
(iv) Sponsors or otherwise promotes events at which firearm-related products are sold or used.

Thank you for posting, Evan...This is exactly why we were advised to wait to see how the injunction plays out...I think we can all wait a few weeks to insure this bill gets dumped!

PLEASE SUPPORT CRPA...... :blush:

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
Another win for newsom .already got California scared to post pictures .everyone should go to Walmart tommarow &call the sheriff because replica toy guns thats encouraging & promoting!!!

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: ilovesprig
Another win for newsom .already got California scared to post pictures .everyone should go to Walmart tommarow &call the sheriff because replica toy guns thats encouraging & promoting!!!
That’s probably the point. I doubt it’ll be enforced very often but it won’t take many, well publicized, $25k fines to spook every org and business into compliance.

Unless it can be overturned.

What I find disturbing is that this law is not an attack on guns directly, we’re used to that in CA, but an attack on gun culture and the rights of parents to bring up their children in it.

Online ammo sales went well ,along with the unconstitutional AR law.i applaud king newsom got are balls on his palm!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu