Pictures & information with or about children under the age of 18 is prohibited on SCH

Online ammo sales went well ,along with the unconstitutional AR law.i applaud king newsom got are balls on his palm!

Online ammo sales went well ,along with the unconstitutional AR law.i applaud king newsom got are balls on his palm!
And this is happen while he's Govnernor , this man has his eyes on the presidency , 2 years ago I might have chucked at this , not so funny anymore.

You all need to help me with this because I'm going a bit nutz. The Marine Corps allows young men to enlist at the age of 17, with parental permission. So, is it illegal now for the USMC to post a photo of a 17 year old Marine at the rifle range or in formation carrying a rifle? I can guarantee that some of the publicity or recruiting photos that the USMC uses in its marketing have 17 year olds in them. And on a more immediate matter, are photos of kids at the JAKES event now illegal on this fourm? And if you go hunting, you being an adult who has the rifle, is it illegal to have any kids in the photo?

Jackastan rules..there designed to hurt..only the real disturbing whacked out shit comes out of and applys to jackastan...aka California..

Last edited:
My personal thoughts are that you are overreacting and in doing so giving them exactly what they want and allowing them to win. You did the same thing with ammo sales. Ammo sales are legal between private parties as long as the transfer is done though an FFL. And if for some reason the parties themselves decide to move forward differently that's on them, not the site. But we still can't post WTS or WTB for ammo on here. Not because it's illegal but out of fear and that fear is giving the anti's exactly what they want.

SCH is the host not the content creator.

Let me just change the parameters a bit to show how unrealistic and absurd it would be to hold SCH responsible for the content of it's users. Let's say the site had more traffic. It would not be reasonable (if even now) to expect the mods or an AI algorithm to view all pics, determine if a firearm or firearm accessory is present, and then determine the age or said individuals that might be present in the image. Are you going to sift though all the old posted pics and scrub anything that might contain a minor and a firearm together? Let posters be responsible for their own actions. SCH is a host not the creator.

Side note how does every video game not fall under this bill?
It specifies games (but not movies of course) that promote a firearm related product.
And a firearm industry member as anybody or thing that endorses the product. Assuming the gun isn't portrayed as a piece of garbage that blows up and is accurately modeled isn't that an endorsement of sort?

My personal thoughts are that you are overreacting and in doing so giving them exactly what they want and allowing them to win. You did the same thing with ammo sales. Ammo sales are legal between private parties as long as the transfer is done though an FFL. And if for some reason the parties themselves decide to move forward differently that's on them, not the site. But we still can't post WTS or WTB for ammo on here. Not because it's illegal but out of fear and that fear is giving the anti's exactly what they want.

SCH is the host not the content creator.

Let me just change the parameters a bit to show how unrealistic and absurd it would be to hold SCH responsible for the content of it's users. Let's say the site had more traffic. It would not be reasonable (if even now) to expect the mods or an AI algorithm to view all pics, determine if a firearm or firearm accessory is present, and then determine the age or said individuals that might be present in the image. Are you going to sift though all the old posted pics and scrub anything that might contain a minor and a firearm together? Let posters be responsible for their own actions. SCH is a host not the creator.

Side note how does every video game not fall under this bill?
It specifies games (but not movies of course) that promote a firearm related product.
And a firearm industry member as anybody or thing that endorses the product. Assuming the gun isn't portrayed as a piece of garbage that blows up and is accurately modeled isn't that an endorsement of sort?
I think that this site is here out of generosity not out of necessity and the risk of a $25k fine is hard to justify. Armchair quarterbacking is always fun but when you are the one who’s tail is on the line the decisions need to be well thought out. I would say we are luck the site is still up right now.

Kids can’t put down the bow. The daughter is a killer. Makes my heart tingle!
833A4881-6BE0-4CBD-91A5-0142267D717F.jpeg12F70EB6-2F2E-4D31-95F2-1A44F6636439.jpeg

I think that this site is here out of generosity not out of necessity and the risk of a $25k fine is hard to justify. Armchair quarterbacking is always fun but when you are the one who’s tail is on the line the decisions need to be well thought out. I would say we are luck the site is still up right now.

Kids can’t put down the bow. The daughter is a killer. Makes my heart tingle!
The hassle of going though the motions is a better excuse than the money. If they tried to sue a site over a users hunting pic the funds could be crowd soured fairly easy is my guess. Would somebody want to justify their time. energy, stress, etc is the real question, not the money. And the precedent of different ISP, sites, services being hosts and not content creators is well established. The moment hosting services are held liable for what their users post the internet will break.

The hassle of going though the motions is a better excuse than the money. If they tried to sue a site over a users hunting pic the funds could be crowd soured fairly easy is my guess. Would somebody want to justify their time. energy, stress, etc is the real question, not the money. And the precedent of different ISP, sites, services being hosts and not content creators is well established. The moment hosting services are held liable for what their users post the internet will break.

Hence, this is why this bill is being fought via the 1st Amendment and not the 2nd...Newsom is throwing as much as he can against the wall to see what sticks...CRPA and others are fighting this and many other absurd bills...Please support them with your dollars.

Till this gets over turned, hang with us... :blush:

,021.JPG

I do believe that’s the bow. He is dialed in at 36lbs. If we can’t get OTC deer tags we will draw some Jav tags for the spring and have some fun. Run bows during the youth rifle season.
Sweet!! That's the bow I run..just cranked up to 65lbs..shoots straight so I'm hoping to drop something with it this season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu