Vaccinated People…

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great to get 2800 FPS out of the 300 gr's...I will admit I am a little nervous for my shoulder. Especially since it is 7.5 lbs without a scope. So after scope and loaded it will be just over 9 lb and bring Thor's hammer on anything i pull the trigger on.

Worked up a load for a friend a few years ago. You will have no shoulder left after getting it sighted in. Absolutley the most brutal cartridge I have ever worked with. I would suggest you work with a lead sled to begin with.

It has a good brake (MBM 5 port). Definitely a bit nervous but I'll start with the 210 gr and work my way up. Expecting 2x the recoil compared to my 300 WM

T
It has a good brake (MBM 5 port). Definitely a bit nervous but I'll start with the 210 gr and work my way up. Expecting 2x the recoil compared to my 300 WM
The brake will help but that cartridge does not come of age until you go for the heavy bullets. Think 225 or 250. Personally if you can stand it the 250 is the way to go, you could Texas heart shoot a Kodiak grizzly with it and it would come out there mouth. In the lower 48 it is more than you need.

T

The brake will help but that cartridge does not come of age until you go for the heavy bullets. Think 225 or 250. Personally if you can stand it the 250 is the way to go, you could Texas heart shoot a Kodiak grizzly with it and it would come out there mouth. In the lower 48 it is more than you need.

Yeah I agree. I have a bunch of 260 gr and 300 gr pills to feed it. The 210 gr pill was a nice starting point because it has the exact same ballistics as my 300 WM w/ 180 gr bullets.

But what if the Grizzly has Super Delta Covid? @JakeSCH go big or go home on the bullet. Thor’s Hammer on your shoulder for sure! I want to shoot it just once then never again.
I think you will be grabbing that new 280AI more than anything else this season.

Reactions: MJB and JakeSCH
But what if the Grizzly has Super Delta Covid? @JakeSCH go big or go home on the bullet. Thor’s Hammer on your shoulder for sure! I want to shoot it just once then never again.
I think you will be grabbing that new 280AI more than anything else this season.

Yeah, that 280ai is so light. Put 10 rounds through it again today. I think I am going to choose the lighter load near 3100 FPS.

That 338 RUM will most likely be a light weight LR gun for a while. With the 300 gr atip going 2800 FPS with a .863 (G1) / .435 (G7)...that should really help with my wind calls. lol.

Reactions: TRICER
Yeah, that 280ai is so light. Put 10 rounds through it again today. I think I am going to choose the lighter load near 3100 FPS.

That 338 RUM will most likely be a light weight LR gun for a while. With the 300 gr atip going 2800 FPS with a .863 (G1) / .435 (G7)...that should really help with my wind calls. lol.
Your shooting a freight train.

freedom of movement is what it is about. watch this video if you care

I would agree with a lot he said except for one minor statement. The ranges I go to have told me they are not there to monitor what guns you bring to the range, and frankly they don't care. They are all pro 2nd amendment. The range master did tell me there are a lot of LEO that use the range but that is mostly on one day they set aside for LEO only. If you are there and there happens to be a "Dudley do Right ", there is a remote possibility there could be an issue but, he has yet to see that happen. The one restriction they have is, no steel ammo of any kind is allowed. Fire danger. Carry on.

That poor D16 Forky gonna get a big bullet this year..ouch..post the exit hole when the murder goes down...the horror..

Reactions: JakeSCH and Bowman
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu