Ring Neck Pheasant (0 day) are you ready

Re: Ring Neck Pheasant

I am interested. I am a newish hunter but am willing to help out whatever way I can whether it be a ride to and from the valley or setting up or anything else. Thanks for putting this together ghost

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

i'm starting to worry for the pheasant :) you guys are going to have a killer group that can scan the whole valley in 1 morning and wipe it clean of gallos.. jk.. good look guys maybe i'll be around to join the clan :)

It's gonna be a great outing. I'm still game to scout w you but will be out of town for the opener.

Hey ghost. Hi again sch. I havent been on here in a while. I was away on a commercial tuna boat in panama. I forgot my password and dont have my existing e mail. So I started a new profile. I would love to join your hunt if theres room. Ive always wanted to go for pheasant. But dont know enough to scout alone. Pleease p.m. me or let me know. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity. I wouldnt take it lightly. Thanks again. And Its good to be back.

I would love to go. I have a well trained dog that could help us out also..... i also have a 2 buddies that would bring their well trained dogs out to help
please feel free to contact me with more info. where, when etc... thanks

Back in the 90's when asparagus was big I had the opportunity to participate in an organized hunt, While only a few cocks were taken the fact that we worked together produced a great hunt that none of us on our own could have done. This thread is getting so big it should be turned into an annual SCH event, Great way to hang out, interact and promote the life style.

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Lands/Places-to-Visit/Imperial-WA Imperial Wildlife Area cannot currently maintain a huntable population of pheasants, and is closed to pheasant hunting until further notice. CDFW is working to create and maintain additional and sustainable habitat that will allow pheasant hunting to resume in the future. this was as of 02-2015, is this still in effect?

Wow how this little trip has exploded Lee. Might not need us?

:( can I ask what the last post has to do with this thread. This hunt will not be anywhere near the wildlife area.

Thanks guys ;)

Chromwell, GSP is correct we will be in the Valley.

The Hunt is around the corner. Keep me posted if for some reason if you can not make it.
those of you that still want join pm your name and contact information
we will keep this going.

Ghost

Fate is never planned. I am suppose to close on my new home in the end of the week, I have to move all my junk to the new home, then clean, paint, and fix the old home prior to sale. and mother in law is in the hospital. it will be tough.
it is going to be touch & go for the Pheasant opener. I will keep you all posted.

Ghost Out

No worries, Ghost. Just keep us in the loop. It's not like there will be any public land turkey action that weekend either ;). Congratulations on the new house!

Lee,

All the best to your MIL and the move to the new home.....Priorities are priorities....... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu