SIDEARM: Black Bear: Lightest Pistol you feel safe carrying for a Backup?

Hey bud if your body is jacked up like you make it seem, maybe you shouldn’t go in so deep and if your that concerned about black bears take a friend and buy your self a gun that make you feel good.

And stay The F away from all that dam sugar man.

Talk about inflammation.
Hey Stk you be proud of me bro.
I ordered me a new ball mount and vortex bino adapter.. lol

This thread has potential...i mean nothing like lard azz potential from back in the day...but it does have potential!!!

So you would have the pistol on your chest with a bino harness over that and then a 40lb pack on and a rifle over your shoulder. Hard pass I will stick with my original post no side arm needed for black bear. I can find a way to shoot one with my rifle if needed. They make pistol holders for pack waste straps that would be a much better option.

If I get eaten by a black bear this fall @Larry you can read my eulogy and say I told you so.
Pack is no problem, binoculars, I don't carry them for what I do. So yeah, works like a champ.

Hell, I think I'm the only one on here that ACTUALLY got charged by a bear and I didn't even get a comment.......:joy:

ps....Matt, his hugeness would be proud of this thread....:innocent:

Reactions: HATCHET1 and TRICER
I never leave my pack. Even if I am going a 100 yards I always bring my pack. To many times you think you will be gone for a minute 2 hours later you are chasing a deer you have no water and you are looking for your pack in the dark.
Never leaving your pack is a good habit to have just my opinion.

Oh Hellz Yes! Never leave it more than far enough to walk away and take a piss.

Reactions: TRICER
Hey bud if your body is jacked up like you make it seem, maybe you shouldn’t go in so deep and if your that concerned about black bears take a friend and buy your self a gun that make you feel good.

And stay The F away from all that dam sugar man.

Talk about inflammation.

Well.. unfortunately that's the only place so far where I've actually encountered bears face-to-face, so logic tells me if I'd like to try to get one, that should be the first place to keep trying.

Gotta have a friend willing and into hunting to even be able to bother asking them. Have you ever looked around at the dudes typically in Tech? Not what comes to mind when you say "Hunting".

i can fix most of this thread in a few lines.

first if you have a bear running at you, just close the door. They don't come in the truck that often.

If you are worried about packing in enough water just grab the big gulp out of the cup holder. Boom solved it. You can even do both

I'm thinking more of you guys should be duck hunters..... No one gets eaten by a bear at wister

Last edited:
I believe lever action 44mag across the chest was the final caliber. But a lamp shotgun was a close second. It is a proven deterrent.
38627[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: nicapopolis
.500 S&W.....Anything less would be uncivilized..!!

This thing kills them ALL - Black bears, Brown Bears, Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears, Chicago Bears, Coca Cola Bears, even Care Bears..!

But the magic doesn't stop there... No, no, no..!! This hand cannon kills Bigfoots, Little Feets, Abominable Snowmen, Chupacabras and Leprechauns. Word has it that it will even kill the boogeyman.. Santa Claus himself will be afraid to peddle his wares in your house when you have this monster..!!

I even came up with a ultra handy chest rig/bandelero I call the "Chest-a-lerio"....(Still a working title)

Notice that it is 3/4 drawn already for you so if that bear comes out to jack your wallet you are already 3/4 of the way there into turnin his entrails into extrails..!!

If that wasn't enough the 2 hydration containers might distract him with the thought of a cool beverage so you can get the shot off.!! Genius..!

Retail is $29.95 on the rig but if you act now I can throw in a 2nd one for FREE, just pay separate shipping and handling..!! Act NOW!!

Come on Larry, let's DO THIS..!!!

(Disclaimer)

No egos were harmed in the making of this post. Bruised maybe. All in good fun. Don't take life so seriously, you will never make it out alive..!

Last edited:
jus sayin...it does have potential...I think XXXX large mammals thread was over 100 pages though..so we got aways to go here boys...carry on..

Reactions: nicapopolis
No binos!! I would rather go naked lol. With out binos I would go crazy it’s like the one thing I have to keep me sane on long sit. This thread has really gone down hill is it season for anything yet.
Technically you would still be wearing the binos.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu